Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tom's "Mixtape: Part Deux"

This started out as a couple songs that have been stuck in my head, and I filled it out with other stuff I like.

  1. Shonen Knife - Top of the World
  2. Pulp - Common People
  3. Duran Duran - Ordinary World
  4. The Smashing Pumpkins - The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning
  5. Felix Da Housecat - Ready 2 Wear
  6. Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons - Beggin (pilooski re-edit)
  7. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
  8. Elliott Smith - Baby Britain
  9. Peter, Bjorn And John - Young Folks
  10. Elvis Costello - Pump It Up
  11. Beastie Boys - Get It Together
  12. Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything Is Alright)
  13. Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
  14. Billy Joel - A Matter of Trust
  15. George Michael - One More Try
  16. Toto - Africa
  17. The Sundays - Wild Horses
  18. The Cranberries - (They Long to Be) Close to You

4 comments:

  1. my inspirations:

    The Watchmen trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3orQKBxiEg

    Adidas House Party:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMI-3DAX-3I

    and Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah and Toto's Africa, because they are just saw awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Africa: The most masterful use of the word "Serengeti" EVAR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love #4! And #9 is infectiously catchy. Nice transition from "top of the world" everything's great to corrupt/broken down bleak stuff. And who doesn't love the Sunday's "Wild Horses"? Cheesy, but oh so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, *this* is cheesey: Even though I've had "Blind" since it came out ("I Feel" and "Love" win forever and ever, btw), I will always associate "Wild Horses" with Buffy and Angel slow dancing at her prom. Heh.

    ReplyDelete